lemon-verbena fruit tartlets, key lime white-chocolate tart
早就想用lemon verbena做这个tartlet了，只是一直没有等到喜欢的水果，现在我最爱的stone fruits正好in season, 怎么可以错过。(我还用cherry做了很多东西，先卖个小关子，嘻~~)
这个tartlet非常简单，不过我超喜欢，lemon verbena infused pastry cream, 预先烤好的塔皮是用PH的sweet tart dough, 很酥脆，尤其里面还加了almond flour, 更香。堆上喜欢的水果，voilà.
Lemon verbena的香味，闻一次就会爱上它，like someone said: If you’ve never rubbed a leaf of lemon verbena, it’s impossible to explain the lovely scent. 有点像清爽的花香气里带着淡淡的柠檬味，哪怕只是摘几片泡茶喝都让人愉悦。不过一定要用新鲜的叶子，干的味道远不及新鲜的来得好闻。
这是另外一天做的Key lime white-chocolate tart，酸酸甜甜的。不过对我来说酸了点，我怕酸。配上whipped crème fraîche稍微好点。跟我想象中的差距蛮大的，虽然有苦甜的巧克力塔皮来中和，不过味道还是太sharp，也许下次做key lime pie看会不会好点。
Lemon verbena pastry cream (adapted from Joy of Cooking)
2 cups milk 牛奶
1/3 cup sugar 糖
2 large egg yolks 蛋黄
1 egg 全蛋
2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp cornstarch 玉米淀粉
1/3 cup sugar 糖
2 Tbsp butter 奶油
2 Tbsp rough chopped fresh lemon verbena 新鲜柠檬马鞭草
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 香草精
1. In a heavy saucepan, dissolve sugar in milk and bring to a boil. Turn off heat.
2. With a whisk, beat egg yolks and whole egg in a separate, stainless steel bowl.
3. Sift cornstarch and sugar into eggs, whisking until perfectly smooth.
4. Take 1 to 2 Tbsp of of hot milk mixture and whisk into the eggs quickly. Add hot milk, a couple of tablespoons at a time, to egg mixture while whisking until egg mixture is rather warm. Pour egg mixture back into remaining milk/saucepan.
5. Add fresh herbs to saucepan.
6. Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Continue whisking and cooking for approximately 45 seconds.
7. Once mixture looks like it is thickening, remove from heat.
8. Pour it through a sieve or fine mesh strainer into a large bowl.
9. Stir in butter until completely blended in.
10. Cover custard with wax or parchment paper – press to surface of custard. Let cool. Then, cover and refrigerate before using, up to 2 days.
You can taste the pastry cream to see if it tastes very starchy before you remove it from the heat. If it does, cook it for 30 seconds longer to reduce the starchy flavor.