Archive for July 2009
票投完，大家一定都很热了，来点lemonade消消暑吧。不过这不是普通的lemonade，是我独家的white peach lemonade, 里面加了white peach purée, 比其他任何的都要refreshing, 酸酸甜甜还带着蜜桃香，美呀~~~~
这么漂亮的桃子，你让我怎么能忍住不去想，所以顺手又做了个Peach melba. Vanilla bavarian cream放入预先做好的raspberry white peach mousse, 冻好后，放上半个水蜜桃就完成了。简单，但好吃的不用说了，我最爱的蜜桃拿来做什么都好吃呀。
White peach lemonade
1 large or 2 medium white peach
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups water
1 cup suger
1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
2. Remove seeds from lemon juice. Peel the peach, and puree with 1tsp lemon juice.
3. Stir together chilled syrup, lemon juice, peach puree and remaining 3 cups water. Refrigerate until chilld, or add some ice cube.
名字好长，不过还不是全名，完整的应该是Crème fraîche panna cotta with papaya-lime soup and topped with white wine jelly.
Crème fraîche panna cotta 是大爱，及其简单的材料，因为加入了crème fraîche，带着它特有的tangy。第一次按照原食谱用了heavy cream, 口感上腻了点，吃不下几口，这次用half-half代替就好多了，既保留了奶香，又让口感轻盈了许多。
次爱是White wine jelly, 和以前做的Berry terrine一样，只是换成white wine, 推荐用Riesling来做，喜欢它flowery的aroma，和水果搭配非常合适。
Crème fraîche panna cotta (adapted from The last course)
1tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
1cup heavy cream (我用half-half代替)
3/4cup crème fraîche
1/2tbsp Framboise liqueur (我没放，喜欢纯纯的crème fraîche味)
1. Place 1tbsp cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let the gelatin soften for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the cream and crème fraîche with the sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and add the gelatin mixture; stir until it dissolves. Strain the crème fraîche mixture though a fine sieve into a large measuring cup with a spout, and stir in the Framboise.
3. Pour the mixture into ramekins, bowls, or parfait glasses, and cover with plastic wrap. Chill until firm, about 3 hours.
Lovely summer has arrived, lucky the temperature didn’t went too high yet. As I said earlier, summer makes me excited: sunny day walking on the beach, having a picnic on a lazy afternoon, a lots lots of fruits, all those kinds of thing. ah, I can’t wait for these.
Also my favorite summer fruit—-stone fruits has arrived too. The first one come in my mind is beautiful, ruby red cherries. Since I love lemon verbena so much, I decide make lemon verbena flavored cherry jam, well, not so traditional.
It’s fun and easy to make cherry jam, all you need is a lemon, sugar, some lemon verbena leaves and cherries. Rinse the cherries then remove the stems, and here comes my favorite part of making this jam—pit the cherries, with the cherry pitter. After you done all of them, chop up 3/4 cherries, put in a large pot with juice of one lemon and zests, cooking and stirring for 20 minutes, or until softened.
Process lemon verbena leaves in a food processor with some sugar. Add about cooked cherries 3/5 of the amount of sugar (include the lemon verbena sugar), cook a litte bit more, when the jam start to coat the spatula in a thin jelly-like layer, add some kirsch or cognac.
I made cherry and rosemary clafoutis with leftover cherries. And the scents are quite strong, I didn’t happy with it, although it’s not bad. So I use lemon thyme instead, when you serve the custard warm, a hint of thyme scents makes all the different.
Cherry and rosemary clafoutis (adapted from Jams, conserves & preserving)
1 egg yolk
20g flour, sifted
25g ground almonds
1tbsp kirsch or cognac
1 rosemary sprig(or 2 lemon thyme )
1. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolk in a bowl, then whisk in the whole eggs. Fold in the flour, almonds and a pinch of salt and whisk well. Stir in the milk,cream and kirsch, then set aside in a cool place to rest for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, arrange the cherries and rosemary(thyme) in a well-greased ovenproof dish. Whisk the batter again, pour it over the fruit and cook in a preheated oven, 180℃/350°F, for 30 minutes. Leave to stand for about 10 minutes and serve slightly warm.